Sunday, July 24, 2011
The Scare
The day before school let out June 18th, I was admitted to the hospital. I noticed some slight leaking and put it off for a day or so and then started having some painful contractions. I finally decided to go in to my doctor. I was crying I was in so much pain. My doctor did a test to see if my water broke and it came back barely positive. I really wasn't sure myself because it wasn't a lot of leaking: I honestly thought maybe I peed a little. He then said to prepare ourselves as if your water breaks they usually deliver the baby within 48 hours. I was then admitted to the hospital and put on magnesium to stop the contractions. I didn't have any more leaking and my contractions stopped so they sent me home a few days later on strict bedrest. I was so grateful to be going home and not delivering my baby boy. I was only 29 weeks along and not ready for him to meet the world. Bed rest was long and boring. The whole summer was staying on the couch or the bed hoping my water would stay intact. I had lots of help from family and friends, ward members. The hard part was I felt fine and wanted to just get up and clean my house and pick up my kids but I couldn't. By 35 weeks and no other symptoms I was let off strict bedrest and put on a modified bed rest, pretty much told to take it easy. Only 5% of women have their bag of waters reseal once there is a tear. I feel like our prayers were answered when my sweet baby boy was born at 39 weeks. It made the whole experience worth the sacrifice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a scary situation! I am glad everything turned out well and you were able to be close to home where you have so much help. Congratulations on your cute little boy. Enjoy your family of 5!
Post a Comment