Monday, July 16, 2007

Good to be Home

Well vacation is over and we are back home. It's still a little weird to call Oregon home but I'm starting to love it. Madi and I are getting back into a routine and hanging out with friends. The best news is that my baby is finally taking a bottle. Yeah! Madi refused to eat formula for months but finally we found the bottle and formula she likes and I am slowly trying to wean her. I already feel like I have more energy. Trevor is back in school and has a new hobby of bocce ball. He's been obsessed ever since I bought him a set for Father's Day. He and his friends play in between classes at school, he calls it his recess. Also, we bought a second car. It is a green 95 Ford Taurus. (I'll post a pic later.) It has a lot of miles but runs well and is really nice and roomy inside. The best part is it has 3 seats in front so I can snuggle up to Trev when we are driving. New cars don't have that fun feature. Also it gives me something I have been wanting...some freedom! I can run errands or take Madi to the park.Trevor let Madilyn go wild. The hair reminded me of Trev's baby pics.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture looks like an everyday photo of Trevor when he was that age... Kind of crazy to have a flashback like that...

Tyler said...

That is definitely a picture of Trevor. I know I've seen that face before. Bocce is the best. Congrats on the new "snuggly" car.

Tiffany said...

Cute Madi! Congrats on the car-you'll never get left behind to the zoo again (I still feel so bad about that!)We are looking into getting a little commuter car for Chad-I'll need to tell him about the cozy seat feature you guys have, and tell him it's a must!

grammatracy said...

Ok, totally a flashback to the Trevor Days! I am not sure why, but none of the other kids ever got food all over their faces like that. Congrats on the car. I hope it runs forever. Happy bottle!! Now that's something to cheer about. :)

Jessie said...

Yeah for Madi!! I bet you are soooo glad! Bottles are great! :)

The Chambers Family said...

I am so glad for you that she is taking a bottle. We started playing bocce ball last year and love it too!

Jenae said...

Hi Summer! It is so so fun to see you as a mom. Madi is such a cutie, and it is so nice to have the freedom of a bottle.

Tyler said...

I just noticed that Madi has two elbows on each arm now. That's so cute! We were obsessed with bocce at BYU. It's really fun. do you guys have the nice ceramic ones? Congrats on the roomy car!-Ash

The Robinsons said...

Congrats on the bottle. I have almost the same picture of Casey at that age with a messy face. I will have to post it on my blog just to compare. Can't wait to see pics of the snuggle car.

danheid said...

What? Trevor with a new game?? You guys should have just got a truck and then all three of you could snuggle!

Delynn said...

Devin is in to Bocci Ball as well- We could have some fun Heid Family tournaments.
Casey and Madi have a common hobby!