Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!




We had a really great Valentine's Day this year. Trevor surprised me with roses and a homemade card (he said the hearts were pretty difficult to cut out). Also, he got me a spa facial gift certificate. I hinted that I wanted one. Trevor likes hints and I don't mind giving them since then usually I get what I want. he he. We didn't actually go out until the next night. We decided to actually get a babysitter and go on a real date. We went to Cheesecake Factory and then to a movie "Definately, Maybe" and had a really great time. We actually had gift certificates for the dinner and movie so the only thing we had to pay for was the babysitter. How much should you pay a babysitter for one kid anyways?

The next day I went for my facial and it was the best pampering experience ever. It was at this quaint cute little day spa. It was so relaxing and my face felt like it was so clean and glowing, like I had lost 5 years on my face. I want to go back very soon!

7 comments:

grammatracy said...

I am so glad you guys had a fun Valentines Day. Nice job on the homemade cards Trev. I hate to tell you, but around here the going rate is around $4.00 an hour. Generally kills a $20.00 if you do dinner and a movie. I always tried to tip a little extra for a cleaner house (and I would tell them why, so they would do it again). All in all, worth it for the break, for you and the kids and for some fun time with the spouse.

grammatracy said...

PS tiff swaps with others so they can go on dates. Creative...do what it takes.

shananchuck said...

Great gift Trevor!! How was the movie!? We had a babysitter Friday night too and for all three kids we paid $22. We were only gone for about 2 hours though.

The Robinsons said...

I don't know what to pay these days! I always got paid really well and now I am sad that I did because I feel bad if we don't pay much! But we're cheap so who knows! Glad you had a good V-day! The facial sounded wonderful!

Dani said...

A facial?! Sounds yummy... I've never had one before. What a fun v-day present!

Perkes Family said...

What a fun night, and the next day! I glad you had such a fantastic Valentines. I usually pay 5 -6/hour for the two. But when it was just one I paid 3 or 3.50. I usually round to the nearest 5.00 when I go to pay them.

Jessie said...

i love those blocks you made!