Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Seaside and Kites






We went to Seaside, Oregon for the day last Saturday and had some fun on the beach. It was pretty chilly, you can see Madi's sweater. Madi loved the beach and the sand. I guess here in Oregon we have a lot of barkdust on the playground instead of sand. She thought the sand was fun, the first thing she did was throw it up in the air and get it in her eyes. Poor girl. I had to explain to her that sand and eyes dont mix well. She loved running in the water. I am sure she would've gone right in if we let her. Trevor had a great time flying our $1 kites. It was really windy, great weather for kite flying. The kites went right up in the air. It was a very fun day. I would love to spend the weekend there sometime and have more time to explore.

5 comments:

The Robinsons said...

I can't believe you are wearing jackets and we are DYING down here! Looks like fun! Madi is looking so grown up.

marknkim said...

What a fun outing, flying kites on the beach is so fun! The cooler weather sounds wonderful.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

She is so cute. I hate that Oregon has bark in the play ground instead of sand, but I guess weather wise it makes sense. Madi is really cute and it looks like she had fun watching the kite.

grammatracy said...

Looks like a perfect day! I do miss the ocean and it's breezes:( Only for another month or two. Glad you could have a fun family day. Makes regular life doable. (not sure that is even a word, but it is in my vocab)

Brooke said...

Hey Summer, I found your blog via Sheila's and it has been fun to see your little girl. Good luck through school. Keep in touch.
Love,
Brooke