Tuesday, January 23, 2007
We miss eating out!
So I hate to admit that Trevor and I were pretty much used to eating out on a regular basis (I would say at least four times a week) before we moved here. We would go to a nicer restaurant about once a week too for date night. We are trying to be thrifty and more health conscious by eating at home but we are having such a hard time breaking the habit, especially the pop. We went to the grocery store and spent over $1oo which is a lot for us and the food was gone in about a week. We were shocked, we usually spent maybe $60 at the store and it would last two weeks or until we ran out of milk. I guess that's what happens when you actually eat at home for all three meals each day. When we do get fast food or go to a restaurant we really savor it. It's like a drug and we are the addicts. It's so hard not to cheat. However, I am bitter that Oregon doesn't have Sonic, Chic fil A, or In N Out Burger; three of my favorite places to eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My wife is not helping me with my habit of Dr. Pepper. She forces me to buy it.
liar
My wife forces me to buy it too. Now you guys know why we love visiting AZ so much...We actually get a chance to eat out with Mom and Dad. That's the best part because it is pretty rare for us out here in Philly.
Ya well...we used to never eat out and now that I am pregnant and craving every fast food place there is...we have been terrible. But we did go to the grocery store the other day and finally buy some good food. I know the feeling Summer. It is really hard to be frugal and eat at home. We did buy some roast beef and au jus and I am so excited to make it! (One of the many cravings!)
I can't believe with such "health concious" parents, you all would love eating out so much! (wink, wink) sorry everyone for being such bad examples. I guess after cooking for a family for years, you get to a point where you think you deserve to eat out:) Good luck on the Pepper issue. Dad is off caffine as well!
Post a Comment