Sunday, August 12, 2007

Working Girl

I have been praying for a while now to find a job would work with our situation. I just really wanted to help out with the finances while Trevor is still in school so we will accrue less debt and so we aren't so tight in our budget. The perfect job sort of fell in my lap last week and within 24 hours I was hired and had a computer, fax, cell phone, etc at my home. The best part is I work from home part time and it's really flexible ( and the pay's not bad either). What more could I ask for? I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity. Sometimes I know that I just have to be patient and things will happen in due time. This was actually a great time because we just moved into a 3 bedroom apartment so I will have room for my office. Yea! Pictures will be posted as soon as the place looks semi good. We are still unpacking.

P.S. Does anyone have any advice for working with an active baby that takes very short naps? :)

5 comments:

grammatracy said...

What a blessing to have this come your way. By the time you unpack and get settled and get used to your job, you and Madi will have worked out some deals. Is Monday your heavy day? Maybe trading babysitting with a friend one day a week could help you a least get the reports you need to get done. You are awesome and glad you guys are moved and have this job.

marknkim said...

congrats on the job! It will be hard with a baby but its much better than daycare. Lots of play before naps might get her to sleep longer! Anyway, can you do any of this in the evening when Trevor is home? I'm sure you will do fine.
Hope to get to get over to see you now that we are staying here ;) I'm sure we will be road trippin sometime soon!

Tiffany said...

Advice, no-I'm still trying to figure that all out-videos work well for a few minutes-especially if they have treats or strapped down! Congrats on the job and on the move!

shananchuck said...

Hey sum maybe you could get a playyard. She could be next to you and stil see you and play with toys and books and stuff. Oh and congrats again on you job. Its hard to find something to do from home.

Goodman Family said...

I am struggling with the same thing. Kaylee takes short naps, so I just have to pound out my work as fast as I can, but I also do it at night or early in the morning when she is sleeping.

I let her cry a little bit to see if she would go back to sleep and after a while, she did start taking longer naps.

But if she still doesn't nap longer, movies and snacks and even letting her cry at my feet have helped if I work when she is awake.

Good luck! Hope it all works out.