Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oxbow Park

We went to Oxbow park yesterday, a 30 minute jaunt from our humble home. We had a lovely campfire dinner with our friends the Fullmers. It was in the perfect location with a little park right by our spot so we could keep an eye on the kids. A visitor showed up and tried to steal some of our dinner. So Madi fed her some bread and then she wouldn't leave. She kept calling it Bambi. It was basically my idea of camping, 3 hours of fun and then go home and shower. Haha!
The boys getting their grill on. We had a yummy campfire dutch oven dinner and smores.
So good! And bananas and apples with chocolate and marshmallow cooked inside.
Teaching moment....her first toasted marshmallow. Don't let his face fool you, he was enjoying this.
Thanks Tom and Rosie for the grub and the fun. We will have to do it again before we leave.
33 days and counting!!

7 comments:

The Robinsons said...

I love that Chaser face!! Can't wait to see you guys!

grammatracy said...

Looked like lot's of fun in the forest and for Bambi to make an appearance is amazing. Nothing like you first roasted marshmellow. Smores are the best!!

shananchuck said...

Chase is so cute and getting so big!!!

grammatracy said...

I get to see all your cute faces in about 44 days. Can't wait. We are working hard to get everything ready for when you get here. Madi and Chase are getting to big too fast. Please tell their cute selves to stop growing....please :)

Anonymous said...

Fun! I wish I were there with you!! Your kids are so cute btw!

Hayley said...

I love that pic of Chase. He's like, "yeah, so what?"

The Chambers Family said...

I love and miss Oxbow park! The kids are very adorable!